POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Darwin 3.5? : Re: Darwin 3.5? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Darwin 3.5?
From: Wolfgang Thaller
Date: 29 Jul 2002 19:20:20
Message: <3d45cdb4@news.povray.org>
> Well, that is a problem with your file-mapping asking all HTML files to be
> opened by Netscape.  It is a plain and simple HTML text file [...]

Actually, it's a plain and simple HTML text file with a creator code of
"MOSS" (Netscape). Of course it can be dragged to a different browser, and
MacOS X allows to remap all Netscape TEXT documents to a different
Application, but I wouldn't call it a "Configuration Problem" when the file
mapping is set to open Netscape files with Netscape. Don't blame everything
on the end user.
What does the OS 9 Finder do for .html files with extension, file type TEXT
but blank creator code? Does it do the "Right Thing"? (that's the best
option for MacOS X). If that works, I'd strongly suggest that for the next
release (if not, nothing can be done anyway).

Cheers,
Wolfgang